Healthy Glow Green Soup with Crispy Leeks
Add a healthy dose of antioxidants to your meal plan with this Healthy Glow Green Soup with Crispy Leeks. Packed with baby chard, spinach, kale and parsley, you will feel healthier with every bite.
Prep Time20 mins
Cook Time40 mins
Servings: 4 servings
- 1 Tbsp olive oil
- 1/2 onion diced
- 2 cloves garlic crushed
- 5 yellow potatoes about 4 cups diced
- 3 cups vegetable broth
- 3 cups water
- 6 cups loosely packed greens including baby chard spinach and kale (or your choice of baby greens)
- 1 bunch about 2 cups fresh parsley
- 2- inch nub of fresh ginger sliced
- juice of 1/2 a lemon
- kosher salt to taste
- 2 radishes sliced into thin rounds
- 1 medium leek dark greens removed, sliced in half lengthwise and sliced again into thin half-moons
- drizzle of olive oil
- kosher salt and pepper to taste
Place a large stock pot on medium-high heat and begin heating the oil. Toss in the onions and cook until they begin to soften - about 4 minutes. Add the garlic and cook one more minute until fragrant. Add the stock, water and potatoes to the pot and bring to a boil. Lower the heat to simmer and continue cooking until the potatoes are fork tender - about 30 minutes.
Lower the heat and add the greens until the become softened - 2-3 minutes max. Turn the heat off on the stove, and add the parsley and ginger to the soup. Begin blending the soup in batches until creamy. Transfer the soup back to the stock pot and finish off with the fresh lemon and salt, as needed. Ladle the soup into bowls and garnish with sliced radishes and crispy leeks.