Golden Turmeric Carrot Ginger Soup
Golden turmeric, spicy ginger and earthy carrots come together for a delicious and nourishing soup that will keep you warm and cozy all winter.
Prep Time10 mins
Cook Time30 mins
Servings: 4 servings
- 1 small onion diced
- 3 tablespoons finely diced ginger
- 2 cloves garlic crushed
- 1 teaspoon turmeric powder
- 1 teaspoon red curry paste such as Mae Ploy (or more if you like it spicier)
- 4 cups diced organic carrots
- 3 cups water
- 1 can coconut milk such as Thai Kitchen Organic
- 1 1/2 teaspoons coarse salt more or less to taste
- 2 tablespoons coconut oil
- 1/4 cup toasted pumpkin seeds
In a medium stockpot, heat the coconut oil over medium heat. Add onions and salt and sauté for about five minutes, or until translucent. Add the ginger and sauté another two minutes. Add the turmeric, the red curry paste and the garlic and sauté another minute. Next, add the carrots and the water, raise heat and bring to a boil. Lower the heat to a simmer, cover pot and continue simmering until the carrots are fork tender (approximately 20-30 minutes).
Remove the pot from the burner and blend the soup in batches in a high-speed blender until smooth. Return the blended soup to the stock pot and reheat. Divide soup into bowls and garnish with toasted pumpkin seeds.